Friday 5 August 2011

Because the cool kids did it.

A blog.

Why?

All the cool kids are doing it. Wait I’m not cool. Oh, that’s embarrassing. Following the crowd then, a secret desire to be like everyone else? Nope that doesn’t sound like me either. There must be a reason… everything has a reason, doesn’t it? Maybe? Honestly I don’t have a clue, sometimes I’m sure everything we do is part of some epic plan and if we don’t do whatever we are doing, no matter how mundane it is, everything will fall apart. Other days I think there is no point in any of it. Anyway I’m off the point, not that there was a point to start with. I should mention right now that I ramble. A lot. There is no obligation to read any of this so if you don’t want to read what falls out of my head, click the x. It’s really that simple.

I think that was my non point. The answer to why start a blog. It’s to let things fall out of my head and let people into it. People keep asking how my brain works, how I come up with what I do, in the way I do. Truthfully I don’t really know. Some things just turn up and demand attention, others come from conversations with friends/strangers/cats/hallucinations – never underestimate the creativity that comes from a good cat conversation kiddies – others things come from thieving from others art/music/films, not straight thievery as such but they plant an idea and the idea grows into what it grows into and then there is a new piece of art. (“Art” uggh what is “art”? That might need to be a whole other blog… one that I plagiarise from someone who has that figured out.) Life I guess. It all comes from living. Without living there would be no art. Without art there would be no… I don’t even want to think about that.

So welcome to the asylum, get comfy, strap yourself in, crack open your skull and look sideways at the world because really why would you want to look at it any other way?

I’m even going to do this because it gives me some serious cool points… or not. But I always find it interesting to see what other people listen to and read and such.

Ear rape by: Bon Iver
Eye spasms caused by: My Story by Dave Pelzer